Wednesday, July 22, 2009

First post...

When we found out Kelli was pregnant, it was totally different than we expected. We had been mico-analyzing every little symptom prior that could possibly be construed. If you've been through this, I'm sure you can relate. So, it was finally true and it was hard to believe. I noticed I automatically started thinking very differently about our future. Up to that point it was "..if you get pregnant...". Well, here is the reality. We've both been researching like fiends and comparing notes. I'm sure we'll burn out at some point, but right now, it's fun. I'm going to try to post a couple sonograms. The early one was exciting. I saw the little guy and it first looked like a rabbit. I held my peace. The tech said.."Well, that looks like a rabbit...". I laughed. The next capture looked like a shark (a little cooler). I spoke up this time and the tech agreed. The second sonogram was from the NFS on July 10 which turned out "...beautifully normal..." according to the medical professionals. This time, we saw an actual fetus that looked like a small person. He was moving around all over the place. We think it has my nose for sure - poor guy/gal. You can definitely see a profile. I told Kelli we're having a child that looks like Mr. Burns from The Simpsons or Schroeder from Peanuts. Time will tell... Hopefully, it will grow into that nose.



4 - 5 weeks (Shark)



10+ weeks (Mr. Burns or Schroeder)

10 comments:

  1. Your nose???? God love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to blog world!! I can't wait to hear more about Baby Brooks. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on the launching of your blog! I wish you all the success in the world of blogging! Oh and regarding the nose comment, don't worry too much about it, we can it that fixed some day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WELCOME to the blogging world. You will slowly become addicted. Was so glad to hear your good news as I READ about it on Terri's blog! Welcome aboard, I love the baby's name so far. Baby Brooks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Scott and Kelli,
    Welcome to the world of blogging! So glad that I will be able to keep up with baby Brooks and your sweet family. Words cannot express how happy we are for you guys. You are great neighbors and we know you will be GREAT parents. Love you guys!
    Staffanne

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on your sweet new baby soon to come! What an exciting time for you as you begin this new journey! I was so happy to hear about your good news from Lisa - complete with the details of how it was told just before blessing at dinner : )

    I admit that sometimes I do feel like blogging can be a chore, but I try to remember that someday it will be a great record for my kids to have. I plan to use one of the available websites to have my blog printed into hardcover books from time to time. Just an idea for you.

    I'm sure several of us will be following your blog so please keep us updated!

    ReplyDelete
  7. welcome and congrats to you guys. we are so happy for you all!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so excited for you two!!! Finally you have become what I knew you would be great at...blogging...lol. Just teasing, you know I think you two are the bomb, so happy for you both, a precious baby to love and share, share being the operative word. Heck, what am I thinking, I won't get a "space" because of all the family. lol. So happy for you guys, the baby will be so bless to have parents like you two...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations Scott & Kelli!!!! I know that you will be wonderful parents, after all, you have a rock solid foundation to build on. A CHRISTIAN HOME! I miss all my friends from Jock. My oldest two grandchildren got saved last week at Claggetts revival. God is sooo good!
    Love Ya,
    Charlene Richards Comer

    ReplyDelete